Camp Fire Green Country’s summer camp programs are accredited by the American Camp Association. To achieve this, each camp program annually reaffirms its continued compliance with nearly 300 nationally recognized industry standards, the American Camp Association Code of Ethics, state and federal laws, and hosts a visit every three years to confirm compliance. Nationally, only one in four camps meet ACA’s high standards of health, safety, and program quality. To learn more about ACA or ACA accreditation, visit www.acacamps.org.
Camp Waluhili Resident Camp sessions are one week, overnight sessions. Campers register in a specialty program ranging from traditional camp activities to science-based experiments to leadership development. They participate in this program in the morning then enjoy other camp activities with their cabin group in the afternoon and evening. Resident Camp is for youth currently 8-17 years old.
Camp Waluhili provides unique experiences for its campers. Depending on camper age, and weather, the following activities are offered at Camp Fire camp:
- Outdoor Skills including hiking, fire building, cookouts, tent camping
- Aquatic Activities including swimming, canoeing, kayaking and fishing
- Shooting Sports including archery, riflery, BB guns, and slingshots
- Adventure Activities including climbing, rappelling, and low elements challenge course
- Sports and Games including soccer, lacrosse, basketball, volleyball, four square, and parachute games